Your Giving Matters to Our Hispanic Community
For more than three decades, Esperanza has worked to strengthen our Hispanic community. We offer a rich array of programs and services designed to open paths of HOPE and OPPORTUNITY. We are deeply committed to empowering each of the 25,000 individuals we serve each year, and their families, to move out of poverty and realize their goals.
In the midst of the coronavirus situation, Esperanza continues to deliver services remotely and on the ground within the parameters of health and safety to make sure that the progress we have made together in our Hunting Park neighborhood remains. Esperanza will remain here available to serve our Hispanic community, and we want to ensure that those we serve will too. The average household income is about $24,000 here. With your support, we can ensure that our community receives the resources and services we need to emerge from this situation connected and undeterred.
It is no secret that this health and economic crisis is impacting communities of color to a greater extent – compounding decades of under resourcing. We need to ensure that financial contributions reach our hard-hit Hispanic communities.
You can take powerful action through your giving, TODAY
As a trusted provider located in the heart of Hispanic North Philadelphia, Esperanza is well-positioned to ensure that families receive the supports and services they need.
Your gift will allow Esperanza to:
- Equip homeowners to avoid foreclosure, purchase homes, and rent – our bilingual counselors are seeing a growing need for financial assistance to prevent homelessness;
- Provide small business owners with information about emergency grants and loans, and support them to overcome linguistic and technological barriers to apply;
- Ensure that our college students, who are often the first in their families to attend, can continue their education despite economic hardship;
- Deliver needed legal services and referrals to ensure that immigrants can remain a vibrant part of our communities – including those who arrived here as children and have only ever known the U.S. as home;
- Forge new ways to deliver performing arts and preserve our cultural traditions via accessible live stream platforms at Teatro Esperanza;
- Provide residents with timely information in English and Spanish, including local resources, health information, encouraging news, and how to remain civically engaged.
We are grateful that you are a part of the Esperanza community of supporters. Please stand with us in these difficult times by making your gift today.
The Reverend Luis Cortes, Jr.
p.s. Click below to make your gift! Then scroll on to read the stories that inspire our team to press ahead. I hope they motivate you too - and with your gift, we expect many more stories of HOPE to come.